Thursday, July 14, 2011

Date Night in a Jar

Here's a great idea for a wedding, anniversary, or just a romantic gift - a date night jar! It is super simple to make and helps with coming up with something different than just watching a movie together. I made this as a gift for a bridal shower I attended a couple of weeks ago.

Supplies Needed:
- An old jar (I used an old spaghetti sauce jar)
- Spray paint (for the lid)
- Large craft sticks (for date ideas)
- Paint (to paint the craft sticks)
- Ink for distressing
- Embellishments

The hardest part was cleaning off the label and glue from the jar. I found some great ideas online for fun dates. For a huge list of 52 date ideas for an entire year visit Alison at Oopsey Daisy. Another great website for really fun ideas is The Dating Divas. Next time I think I will embellish it more, but this fit in with the brides style. I even made one for me and my hubby too! The best part is that it is a personal gift that costs very little. Plus, it can go perfectly with that little something that always makes the bride blush without being too tasteless.


The Tall Ones said...

I love that you are crafty and can cook also. You are the all around mom and wife I wish I could be. Keep posting your ideas, recipes and inspiring outlooks. I love them. said...

Great Blog stefanie. Lots of great ideas! I also sell something similar, but it's my own creation called Clever Block. They are elaborate entertainment ideas that give you step-by-step instructions and they are applied to the state you live in. If anyone is interested in ordering one, Please go to or email me at to get more details. New customers get 20% off!

Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...