Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Texas Roadhouse Rolls & Cinnamon Butter

This recipe is amazing! If you have never been to Texas Roadhouse, take it from me, their rolls are DIVINE! And these were a pretty close match! (but doesn't the fact that someone else is making them, and cleaning up after them, make everything 10x better?) This is actually a bread machine recipe, which I love because I cannot, I repeat CAN NOT bake to save my life! My bread machine is my best baking friend! I got the original recipe here. These will definitely be a Sunday staple at our house from now on! They
1/4 cup warm water
2 tsp dry yeast
1 cup milk
1-1/2 Tbs butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp salt
3-1/2 to 4 cups unbleached flour

Put all of the above ingredients into your bread maker, and set to the dough cycle. When it's done, take the dough out and roll it into a rectangle. Cut it into squares and let them rise for 20-30 minutes or until they are slightly larger than when they started. Brush with an egg wash (1 egg beaten with a little milk) and bake at 350° for 10-15 minutesor until the tops are golden brown.
When they are done, while they are still hot, SLATHER the top with butter! Dont be shy! Serve with Cinnamon butter! (below)

Cinnamon Butter
1/2 cup softened butter
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp honey
Whip with beaters until light and fluffy!

11 comments:

Megan Marie said...

i love their rolls! thanks for the recipe!

tanandmeg.blogspot.com

Lindsay said...

Do I have to use a bread machine to make these??

Thanks for sharing! They look amazing!

Carolina HeartStrings said...

These looks wonderful and I love love love this butter. Delicious. Come over and visit us. We have a terrific low fat pimento cheese recipe this week.

Jennifer @ PigskinsandPigtails said...

Yum! Love the Texas Roadhouse rolls. We'll be trying this one. Thanks!

Lady Behind The Curtain said...

This recipe looks amazing! Join in on the fun and come over to Cast Party Wednesday tomorrow to share this tasty recipe with us.
Thanks,
I hope to see you there!
http://ladybehindthecurtain.com

Melissa Louise said...

What bread machine do you use? I'm trying to decide what to get!

The Stratton Family said...

@Lindsay- No you could definetly make these by hand, although I have never tried it! I am a horrible baker :( So I have to resort to a Bread Machine!
@ Melissa- I have an Oster Compact Breadmaker Model 5858. My mother in law bought it for me, so I'm not sure where it's from. But my guess is Walmart, or target.

Patrice said...

Some of my favorites, I can't wait to try! Thanks for linking up with Lemon Tree today!

O. said...

those look good. I never seem to have much luck with things made with yeast.

Closet Crafter said...

These rolls are awesome!! We made them on Sunday, and I ate like four them that day. My husband did too:) I'm not lucky enough to have a bread maker so I made them by hand. They still turned out great. I also refrigerated them after I divided the rolls up since we had church for 3 hrs and don't get home until five. When I got home we pulled them out and let them rise about 30-40 min. (can't remember) and then baked them as in the recipe. Just in case anyone was wondering about storing them. Next time I am going to try freezing them, I will definitely be making them again, especially since my husband is already asking for them. Thanks for the recipe!!

Closet Crafter said...

These rolls are awesome!! We made them on Sunday, and I ate like four them that day. My husband did too:) I'm not lucky enough to have a bread maker so I made them by hand. They still turned out great. I also refrigerated them after I divided the rolls up since we had church for 3 hrs and don't get home until five. When I got home we pulled them out and let them rise about 30-40 min. (can't remember) and then baked them as in the recipe. Just in case anyone was wondering about storing them. Next time I am going to try freezing them, I will definitely be making them again, especially since my husband is already asking for them. Thanks for the recipe!!


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...