Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cleaning Schedule

I got a question a few days ago about my cleaning schedule. I had done a post similar to this awhile back here, but if you know me, you know I couldn't leave that list alone! And I have to admit I had a hard time sticking to it when it wasnt out where I could see it every day! SO here is my update!
I made mine all cutesy with the help of Photoshop, and printed it out to put on my magnet board. I had contemplated making this a printable, but mine is so personalized that I wasn't sure it would work for anyone else. So I thought I'd just tell you how I organized my week, and why I chose to put certain chores where! That way you can decide where you want things!
 Quick Pick Up : This includes a sweep of the main living areas of the house, just so it looks presentable. Clean dirty dishes out of the sink, pick up baby toys, put away folded clothes, things like that. I usually try and do this first thing in the morning although it doesn't always happen ;)
Laundry: This is one of my most dreaded chores! So instead of doing all of in in one day, I chose 1-2 loads each day. I had kind of a little method to which days I do loads, like I do my husband's work clothes on Fridays because Thursday is (usually) his last day of the week for work and then I just get it all done and start fresh the next week. Saturday I have as my catch up day, because honestly who wants to be tied down with laundry all day on a Saturday?
If you can't tell I organized my week's chores from hardest to easiest. I usually have the most motivation and energy at the start of the week, and by Friday, it's all I can do to get out and sweep the front porch! ;) But no really, by the end of the week, I just want to relax!
Even out your chores. Notice that I didn't put clean all the bathrooms, mop and clean the master bedroom all on the same day? that was for a reason! I tried to spread things out a bit, with a large and a small chore together. Like cleaning the bathrooms may take an hour, but cleaning the microwave will probably only take 5 minutes!
Sunday's are for rest. I don't care if it's part of your religion or not, you need a day off! But I can't have my house a wreck, so I still do a quick pick up.
All things said and done, do what works best for you. You may only have time to clean on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, so split your chores up between those days, or maybe your kiddos are in school every other day, then choose your hardest chores for those days and leave the easy work for days they are home. All I want you to take from this is to space things out, oh and PRINT them out! I can't even tell you how much easier it is to stick to a routine when it's right in front of your face!

2 comments:

Lauryn Ashli said...

this is such a great idea! i came across your blog while browsing the blog world...
i have to tell you i love your blog name.
my mom calls me little snippet...so it's kinda fun!
thanks for sharing.. i am a new follower, i'd love if you stopped by sometime!
{love} lauryn @ lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com

The Stratton's said...

I really like the way you broke this all down. Did you get inspiration from Sherbet Blossom? I love her cleaning schedule too. I always try to clean out the fridge and old leftovers on Wednesday so it all goes out in the next day's trash pick up... but how often do I actually remember that? Rarely! :)


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...