Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, February 24, 2011

chicken cordon bleu

(not my picture! I got it from the site I got the original recipe from linked below)
I saw this recipe link on Sammi's blog and I figured I'd give it a try! Now this is a big deal for me. I don't ever try new things. I'm horrible I know. I changed the recipe up a little to fit our tastes, so if you want the original recipe you can go here. but here's how I made it.
makes enough for the 2 of us, but probably really only 1 person... we aren't huge eaters, and I hate leftovers.
1 chicken breast
1 egg
1 tbsp water
1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion flakes
4 slices deli ham
Mozzarella cheese
vegetable oil spray

Preheat oven to 350°. Pound you chicken breast between 2 layers of plastic wrap until its about 1/2 the thickness as it started out. place the ham slices and cheese on top and roll tightly and secure with toothpicks. Mix the egg and water in a shallow bowl, and in a separate bowl mix breadcrumbs, garlic powder and onion flakes. Roll the chicken in the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumbs. Place on a greased cookie sheet and spray lightly with vegetable spray. Bake for about 30 min or until chicken in completely done.

My mom makes this awesome sauce to dip homemade chicken strips in, its just 2/3 miracle whip and 1/3 mustard, and it was SO good to dip this chicken in!!

1 comment:

n.davis said...

these look soooo yummy!


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...