Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Missionary Family Album {Free Printable}

 My little brother is about to leave for the Dominican Republic to serve an LDS Mission for our church, but before that, we had to celebrate his 19th birthday! I had heard from a few people that family photos are great for missionaries to take with them, as convorsation starters, or just to have a reminder of the support they are recieving back home. So I put this togehter for Scott as a birthday/mission gift, and he loved it! I'm sure he (as any 19 year old) would of been happy with a few pictures shoved in en envelope, but there was NO way that was going to happen with me around ;)
I just went to Walmart and got a $1 photo album, designed a cover (I added a less 'personalized' version below), and got photos of our family printed. This album held 24 photos, and then I printed the cover also. So 25 in all. The cover annd back were a tad larger than 4x6, so I just mounted it on some carstock to make the border. Finally, on the inside of the back cover, I typed a short note and taped it to the cardstock before I slid it into place.

This was a really simple and affordable project! I think it cost like $6.00 between all the photos/paper and the album. The best part is, is that its going to get used, and loved!
If you are wanting more Missionary posts, just wait, I have a few up my sleeve over the next few weeks!!

3 comments:

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

I just saw this on Pinterest, and it is a darling idea! I think I'll be doing this for my brother-in-law missionary!

Jessica said...

What a wonderful idea! Thank you for sharing your talents with us so that we can bless the lives of our missionaries!

Jessica said...

What a wonderful idea! Thank you for sharing your talents with us so that we can bless the lives of our missionaries!


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...