Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 2, 2011

Baked Sausage and Tortellini

If you notice the last Menu Monday, you might see that this dish was not on the agenda! But after discovering that my 25lb bag of flour was on the top shelf of the laundry room, resulting in a choice of dumping the whole thing on my head, or finding something else for dinner, our BBQ Beef Pizza turned into a mad dash to find another alternative!
And I have to admit that I didn't miss the pizza at all! This dish really took like 10 minutes to throw together (granted, I had sausage that was cooked and crumbled already in the freezer) and my hubby LOVED it! Both of us did! This will definitely be a new addition to our menu list!
You only need 4 things...
1 bag Tortellini pasta (cheese filled)
1 jar Ragu pasta sauce (strained*)
1 cup sausage, cooked and crumbled
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated

Cook your pasta according to the package directions. Once the pasta is cooked, add the sauce (read the note), and the sausage. pour into a baking dish, cover with cheese and bake at 400 for about 10-15 min, or until cheese is bubbly and melted. Serve with green salad and garlic bread.

* Do you ever notice how when you make baked pasta, sometimes it tuns out watery? All I do to fix that is pour the entire jar of sauce into a fine strainer and let it sit for about a minute. Most of the juice will drain out, and you will be left with a thick sauce. I know, it's technically wasting about 1/2 the jar, but it really made the dish so much better!

1 comment:

Deebi27 said...

Oh my, my tummy is saying fix this quickly & NOW! I love to be able to take shortcuts when possible and the strainer trick is a great one...Thankz!


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...