I was SO sick of having THIS mess in my pantry...
So I did something about it! I made this with all scraps I had, which is the reason they are SO wrinkled, sorry :)
You will need:
3 pieces of coordinating fabric
-one 22" x 20" (the middle)
-two 22" x 5" (the ends)
1/2 inch elastic cut into 2 pieces
-one 10" (top opening)
-one 7" (bottom opening)
12 inches matching ribbon
Here are the steps, although it's pretty self-explanatory...
2. sew your strips to each end (so the 22" sides are together)
3. on the 22" sides, sew a casing for your elastic about 3/4 inch wide or just big enough to thread your elastic through.
4. sew the other sides together so it forms a long tube.
5. (no pictures, sorry) thread elastic through the casing and stitch ends together. repeat on the other side.
6. in the side with the larger elastic opening, stitch your ribbon ends to the inside of the fabric, making a strap to hang the holder from.
7. Stuff your bag full of garbage bags, and hang!