Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Double Duty Beef & Bean Burritos

Burritos are a staple at our house! I used to buy the prepackaged bean and cheese burritos, but they were always so dry, so I stopped. But, I missed the convenience of them, so I decided to make my own!
One night I was making Beef and Bean Enchiladas, and I had leftover filling, so I decided to try making them into regular burritos, and freezing them. IT WORKED! like REALLY well! I was very (and pleasantly) surprised! It's definitely something I will do again!

You need...
Flour tortillas (I used 7, but it depends how full you fill your burritos)
1 can fat free refried beans (use fat free, they are a little stiffer)
1/2 cup precooked ground beef
1/2 can corn (optional)
1/4 cup shredded cheese
1 can enchilada sauce (if you are making the enchiladas)

In a bowl, combine beans, beef, corn and cheese and mix well. Spoon into the tortillas and roll them up tight (with ends TUCKED IN!).
 If you are doing the enchiladas, place them in a dish and cover with enchilada sauce and a little cheese. Bake at 400 until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted.
If you are only making the frozen burritos, roll the burritos tightly in plastic wrap and lay flat in the freezer. To eat, unwrap from plastic wrap, rewrap with a paper towel and microwave for 1-2 minutes until heated through.
SO EASY! You can fill these with pretty much anything! Just make sure you don't put anything you don't want heated inside! (lettuce, sour cream, etc.)

3 comments:

Life With Lucy said...

These look great! I'm always looking for something I can make ahead and freeze to cook when I'm short on time. I will definitely add these to my list! Thanks so much for sharing!

Kendall said...

This is F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C. i'm a helpless cook, but I think this is something even I can do! Thanks for sharing!

If you're into crafting, I recently posted several new tutorials/inspiration posts, and I'd love if you'd check them out!

Kristen said...

I make these for me and my hubby's lunches! We both work outside the home and they are PERFECT to grab on the way to work and pop in the microwave at lunch time! Thanks for sharing! The world needs to know about these! =)


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...