Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Momma's Taco Casserole

First of all, I want to say THANK YOU to all your sweet comments and emails! We are so excited for this new sweet addition to our family! I have been feeling slightly more human over the past few days and I thought I'd share a recipe with you!
I adore my mom's cooking. I know everyone says that. But it's so true. Every year for my birhthay, instead of going out to eat, I ask my mom to cook dinner. Seriously, I love it that much. This is one of my very favorite recipe's from her. I'm not sure if she got it from someone, or made it up herself, because she was SO good at doing that! She was one of those mom's who could go in the pantry, grab 10 random things, and make the best dinner ever!
Anyways, back to the recipe!...
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 packet taco seasoning
1 can light red Kidney Beans
1 can of olives- sliced
1 can yellow corn
**1 can of tomato soup (10 oz) plus a little water OR 2 small cans of tomato sauce (8 oz)
1 cup slightly crushed tortilla chips
1 cup shredded cheese
 
In a pan, brown ground beef and drain fat (if any). Add the cans of beans, tomato sauce or soup, olives, corn, and the seasonings. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add chips and simmer for a few more minutes until chips are slightly softened. Top with cheese, melt and serve.
 
** If you use the tomato soup, you need to add a little water to make up for the extra moisture you would get from the extra tomato sauce. Just a 1/4 cup or so. The tomato soup (my favorite to use) will make the casserole sweeter. The tomato sauce will give it a more tomato-ey taste. Both are way good, but I like the soup better.

No comments:


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...