Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Honey Butter Cajun Tenderloin {Guest post by Heather at Saving Money Living Life}

Hi Lovely Little Snippet readers! I am thrilled to be here today to chat with you all. I am Heather of Saving Money Living Life. I have been married to the handsome guy in the picture with me for 4 years this month!
 
 I blog with Jessica, one of my best friends and sorority sisters about cooking, saving money, and living life to the fullest with what God has blessed us with. I try to keep my grocery budget between $40-$50 each week & live a very busy life just like most of you do. Please join us on Facebook or Pinterest to stay tuned for how you can live frugally and cook simple WONDERFUL things.
A lot of times when you hear the word pork you tend to think tough or dried out. Not the case with this baby! The hubs went wild over this delicious Honey Butter Cajun Pork Tenderloin. We don't repeat many recipes, because we like to experiment a lot but this one has made it into our regular rotation. The blend of the honey butter and cajun spices really comes together quite beautifully. I got this recipe off of Pinterest from Momma Hen's Kitchen and it originally came from food.com. I cannot urge you enough to make this recipe, it's an absolute delight. And the real bonus is that you probably already have most of the ingredients on hand so it makes it frugal as well. Just pair this with an arugala salad & balsamic dressing and some bread and you should have a complete meal easily on your hands!
Honey Butter Cajun Tenderloin
Ingredients:
4 tbs butter
2 tbs honey
1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed
1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp black pepper
3/4 cup water
Directions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In an ovenproof pot, heat butter & honey over medium heat until melted. Sprinkle pork tenderloin with Cajun seasoning & black pepper. Brown each side for 5 minutes in the honey butter taking care not to burn the honey. If honey begins to burn, lower heat. Place pot in oven and roast for 15 - 20 minutes*. Remove pot from oven & place the pork on a plate. Cover with foil. Add water to the pot and stir over medium heat. Simmer for about 5 minutes, until sauce is reduced slightly. Slice pork on the diagonal and drizzle sauce over top to serve.
*NOTE: May need to cook longer depending on the size and thickness of the pork tenderloin. Don't be an idiot like me and grab the pot by the handles after it comes out of the oven. Old habits die hard I guess. See pot on stovetop-assume can pick up. Wrong, ha!
Thanks so much to Stefanie for letting me come share a little about my blog with you today.
Please come enter to win our Studio Pro 31 stationary giveaway!

1 comment:

Lisa [at] Beauty and Her Boys said...

WHAT PERFECT TIMING! I have a pork tenderloin I'm making tonight for dinner & was just browsing around for delicious recipes - Def going to try this out & I'll be back to let you know how it came out!


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...