Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Asian Marinated Steak {Guest Post by Durfee Family Recipes}

Hi! I'm Kim from Durfee Family Recipes and I'm so excited to be guest posting over at Lovely Little Snippets! I've been reading Stefanie's blog for a while now and she always has the tastiest ideas! Durfee Family Recipes is our online collection of recipes that we've made and loved in our own kitchens. Some come from Durfee girls and some from those of us who have married into the family. Come visit us if you get the chance, and I hope you find something you would enjoy eating, or that you get some good inspiration for all those family dinners!

I love Asian food and my husband Nate loves steak and so this was a hit with both of us! It is definitely still warm enough to grill and we're taking full advantage! Everything tastes better on the grill. This marinade recipe is a combination of a lot of our favorite Asian flavors. We marinated the steaks for an hour and the flavor was just right. I also think this would taste great on some nice thick cut pork chops.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs. steak
1/2 cup low-sodium soy
1/2 cup pear juice (I just simply buy one little 4 oz. bottle from the baby section of the store)
1 heaping tsp. sriracha hot sauce (more if you like lots of heat, you can find this in the Asian section of most any grocery store)
1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1-2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. granulated ginger
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. pepper (we love Lawry's seasoned pepper)
1/2 tsp. dried onion
2 cloves minced garlic

Preparation:
Whisk together all the marinade ingredients, making sure they are well combined. Pour over steaks. I like to use a gallon sized ziploc bag for my marinades. Fill 'em up and then set them in a dish or bowl in case of leaks, and you're set! Let marinate in the fridge for 1 hour and then grill to your desired doneness. Let steaks rest for 5 minutes then serve and enjoy! These would be great served with some fried rice and spicy broccoli, or sliced and serve over a salad. Enjoy!

1 comment:

benandkatiesmith said...

This sounds so delicious! I am definitely going to try this recipe. I have loved everything that I have tried from Kim's collection. Thanks for the great ideas!


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...