Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Steak and Asparagus Rotini

I am always looking for new ways to cook steak at our house. Every year my dear husband kills an elk (or 2) and a deer (or 2), so some years, that leaves us with HUNDREDS of pounds of meat! There are a lot of Steak and Potato dinners going on at our house. This was a great DIFFERENT way to use elk at our house! But you could certainly use beef!

Steak and Asparagus Rotini
1 lb. steak pounded to 1/2 inch thick
1 lb. rotini pasta
1 lb. asparagus
2 TBS butter
1 tsp  Lemon pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
2 TBS Parmesan cheese
garlic powder, salt and pepper

In a large skillet, melt butter. Season both sides of the steak with salt, pepper and garlic powder and place in the skillet (on high) with the butter. Sear both sides of the steak and then turn to med-low and cover. Continue cooking for about 10 min, or until steak is done to your liking. While the steak is cooking, cook your rotini. As your pasta cooks, trim the tough ends off of the asparagus, cut them unto 1 inch pieces, and put them into a colander. At the end of your pasta cooking time, carefully dip the colander into the boiling water until the asparagus is covered. Hold for about a minute so the asparagus gets par-cooked, then remove. place the colander in the sink and pour the hot pasta over the asparagus to drain. Toss together. Slice the steak into strips and toss with the pasta. Add olive oil, lemon pepper, some S&P and parmesan cheese. Toss well, and serve.

4 comments:

The Pink Giraffe said...

Yum! This looks great. Will have to try this recipe.

Kim said...

This recipe sounds so amazing! I cannot wait to try it. Steak for my husband, asparagus for me, it's going to be a hit!

Janie said...

Oh my goodness! This looks so good :) I love asparagus!

ArtZest said...

I hope you don't mind, I shared this post on my blog. I just love the idea. If you'd like me to take it off, please e-mail me at artzest@live.com I was afraid I'd never find your post again if I didn't save it. It sounds delicious. Too bad I just got back from grocery shopping

http://artzestkitchen.blogspot.com/2012/05/steak-and-asparagus-rotini.html


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...