Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, November 11, 2011

Freezer Fried Rice

I love recipes that you can make tons of and throw the extra in the freezer to save for one of those 'non-cooking' days! We love fried rice at our house! And it's chock full of veggies, so it's good for you, right!?
This is how I do fried rice, but any recipe should work fine!
2 C. uncooked rice (plus whatever you need to cook it)
1 C. shredded cabbage
1 carrot finely sliced
1/2 cup peas
1/2 cup chopped ham (I used homemade cannadian bacon)
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp powdered ginger
4 TBS soy sauce
2 TBS teriyaki sauce

Cook rice according to directions. in a large skillet, add hot rice, cabbage, carrots, garlic powder, ginger, soy and teriyaki. Cook for a few minutes until the carrots and cabbage are slightly tender (this is why you slice them THIN!) Add peas and ham and stir well. Cover and allow to heat ham and peas through. Serve with more soy sauce.
After the rice has cooled a bit, transfer to ziplock baggies (I did 2 cup portions) lay flat to freeze.
To reheat, place bag in microwave for 30 seconds, flip and heat for another 30 senconds. repeat until heated through.
this makes for a super fast and yummy lunch! It's a tad dry after reheating, but just add a touch more margarine.

3 comments:

Torviewtoronto said...

lovely idea to freeze for a meal

http://estojaya.blogspot.com/ said...

thanks 4 your post
Obat Mata Herbal

Unknown said...

I make homemade fried rice all the time. There's usually not enough leftovers to throw in the freezer as I typically eat it for lunch the next day. As fried rice is traditionally made by day old cold rice and not freshly cooked, I think the reheat from frozen would probably work the same way....simply re-fry in a pan adding a splash of soy and dash of oil and it WILL taste just as good as the first time you made it with no dry/crunchy bits! Now I think I will make double batches when I make fried rice just so I can throw some in the freezer for quick mid-week lunches!!


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...