Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

{Super Easy} Sesame Chicken

I think most of my recipes start out with the title 'super easy'! But in all honesty, every recipe I make is really fast and easy! Who has time to sit in the kitchen and cook for hours and hours? Not me! I have a 2 year old and a house to keep after!
This recipe came together so easy! And it was REALLY yummy! Chinese is one of my favorite meals to make because it's so cheap and easy!
Super Easy Sesame Chicken
serves 4
2 chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp dark sesame oil
2 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted


Evenly pour flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder onto a plate, mix well, and toss the chicken pieces to coat evenly. Heat a few teaspoons of vegetable oil in a wok (or large pan) and add chicken. Cook for 8-10 minutes on med-high, until chicken is cooked through completely. In a small saucepan, add soy sauce and sugar and cook just until sugar is dissolved. Add sesame oil and sesame seeds, and set aside. Once chicken is done, pour sauce over the chicken, toss and allow to sit for 3-5 minutes for sauce to absorb. Serve over whole wheat spaghetti noodles.

6 comments:

Mandy Bird said...

That looks so good! Please come link up on TTT each Tuesday. I love your recipes :)

Lacey - Household Habits said...

This looks sooo good. Do you put anything on your whole wheat pasta or is there enough sauce to serve the pasta plain? Clearly I am making this SOON! :)

stefanie said...

Thanks Lacey! I didn't put anything on my noodles, but there was a little sauce letover, so you could for sure use that!

Unknown said...

YUM! That looks delicious. So much so, that I've included it in this week's Monday Meal Planning segment on my blog (and linked it back to you, of course) I'm going to make it tonight...hope my attempt looks as good as yours :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adam,Emily, Paisley, Hayden, and Landon said...

Looks so delish! I love ALL that you do! trying this tonight, wish me luck!:)


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...