Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Freezer Taco Filling

I've been spending the past week filling my freezer with premade meals to make my summer a little easier, and help my kitchen stay nice and cool! This is a really simple freezer recipe, and it's very versitile, you can use it for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, salads, chimichangas, basically anything mexican!
I made a huge batch, but you can scale it down if you don't want tons of exrtas for the freezer!

6 lbs ground beef (I used elk because my husband provides us with a freezer full every year)
1 TBS minced garlic
2 tsp canola oil
1 cup picante sauce
2 TBS taco seasoning
2 tsp cumin
1 TBS onion powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 cups frozen corn
2 cans black beans

In a LAGRE pan (or 2, like I used) saute your garlic in the oil for just a few second (make sure it doesn't burn!) Add as much beef as you can get into the pan and break it up, cook thouraghly. Add picante sauce and spices. Repreat with more beef if you didnt fit it all in 1 pan (which is likely you didn't) dont add more spices, just 1/4 cup more picante sauce to each batch.
Once all the beef is cooked, transfer to a large mixing bowl and add corn and beans. mix well.
Once cooled enough to handle, transfer in 2 cup portions to freezer bags, press out all the air and seal. Lay flat to freeze.
To thaw, microwave for 1 minute intervals until heated.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Thanks for the recipe -- I will definitely be giving this a try. :)
Tracy


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...