Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Scallion Chicken Pillows

I really love chicken pillows! they are a 'special occasion' food for us, since my husband hates anything with cream cheese, making these only an option when he is out of town. Moral of the story, I get all excited when I remember to put these on the menu :) Or I ditch the menu and randomly have all these ingredients!

Scallion Chicken Pillows
1 large chicken breast -cooked (roasted/bbq'ed/boiled)
4 oz cream cheese (1/2 pkg)
2 scallions
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tube crescent rolls
breadcrumbs (optional)

Sauce:
1 can cream of chicken soup
milk (around 1/2 cup)

Shred your cooked chicken breast and add to a bowl, mix in cream cheese and incorporate well. Add scallion and seasonings. Roll out your crescent dough and press together 2 of the triangles to make a square. Add a large spoonful to the side of the dough, fold over the other side and roll to close. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until dough is golden brown.
While they are baking, make your sauce. Add cream of chicken soup to a sauce pan and add milk a little at a time, until your reach your desired thickness.

2 comments:

Elley's mommy said...

Oh my goodness I made this Friday night for my best friend and I to eat for dinner (Friday nights I make what I like since my boyfriend is play softball and he is beyond picky!) this was to DIE for and sooo easy to make thank you for sharing. I now have a new favorite Friday night dinner!

Sarah Lynn said...

New folower. Found you through pinterest and I can not wait to make this!!


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...