Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

homemade frozen pizzas

I am NOT a fan of frozen pizza. My husband on the other hand... can't get enough. I however do love the convenience of it, so after seeing this idea a few places online, I decided to try it for myself! and guess what... IT WORKS! like REALLY well! Here's what I did-
Crust:
I used this pizza dough recipe 3 times, making 6 crusts, but Im sure you can use whatever recipe you want and it would work fine. I split the dough into 6 balls, let 'em rise, and stretched them into a pizza shape. Then I baked them on a pizza stone at 450 degrees for 3 minutes. NO longer! It wont look done, it will be doughy, but thats OK! then I layed that one out on a towel to cool and proceeded with the next dough ball. Once the par-baked crust had cooled, I double wrapped it in plastic wrap and placed it flat in the freezer to freeze solid.

Sauce:
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 TBS garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1TB tomato paste
1 32-ounce can pureed tomatoes
Salt and pepper
1 TBS italian seasoning
Add the olive oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic powder and crushed pepper, then add the tomato paste, cook for a minute, then stir in the crushed tomatoes. Season the sauce with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cook on LOW for about an hour and a half , it will get think and sweet and yummy!
After I let the sauce cool down, pour 1 cup portions into baggies, seal and lay flat to freeze.
 
When a night comes along that you are in need of a quick dinner, heat your oven to 450 degrees and take out a crust and sauce. Unwrap you crust and put it on your pizza stone. Remove your sauce, place in a bowl and thaw. Spread the sauce over the frozen crust, top with cheese and toppings. Bake at 450 for about 15 min or until the crust is golden brown.
 
I always keep pizza toppings on hand, here's what I have...
in the freezer- pepperoni, diced bell pepper, diced ham, shredded chicken, crumbled bacon and mozzarella cheese.
in the pantry- olives, pineapple (get the lunch packs they work GREAT!) and BBQ sauce.
This is a SUPER quick easy and yummy meal! It will save you in a pinch!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Thank you for the inspiration! Can't wait to try your frozen pizzas! Thanks for sharing your recipes.

Unknown said...

Wow! This is awesome. Never thought of making frozen pizza. Would love to know what your dough recipe is?

Leera said...

Good idea... trying this

Leera said...

Good idea... trying this

Leera said...

Good idea... trying this


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...