Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, July 25, 2013

DIY Minky Tag Blanket


 



Quinn is finally getting to the 'toy' age! It's so fun to watch her discover new things and play with anything and everything she can get into those chubby little fingers!

I've had the supplies to make this taggy blanket for quite awhile now, as in, I bought it all when she was like 5 days old! But it's taken me this long to get around to it! ;) I don't know why either? Maybe because until now, I knew she wouldn't have much interest in it!
Oh and just a warning... this was my very first time sewing with Minky fabric... so don't judge me too harshly! ;)

You'll need...
2- 13x13 squares of Minky fabric* ( I think I got 1/3 yd and had lots leftover)
Around 40 strips of ribbon, 4 inches long. I used 36 strips, but some of mine were the 1 inch ribbon, so those took up more room.
Pins and a sewing machine.

1.After you cut your fabric and all your ribbon, fold each piece of ribbon in half, and pin it to the right side of one of the minky squares, facing IN.
 2. Sew all the way around the minky, attaching the ribbon strips to one of the minky squares.
 3. Pin the other square of minky on top, right sides together, and pin pin pin!! Leaving about 2 inches so you can turn it around. Then, sew all the way around, sewing both squares together, with the ribbon in the middle.
4. Then, flip the blanket rightside out, through the 2 inch hole that you left open.
5. Sew around the edge. (This is the part where you don't judge me)

 
AAAAND... you're done! ;)
This really was an easy project! It's not PERFECT... but, it's for a 3 month old ;) I don't think she'll mind one bit. 

*Side note: I think looking back, I wouldn't of done both sides minky... I would of done one side with flannel, or even cotton. I'm pretty sure it would of been easier to sew.
 

No comments:


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...