Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Cheesy Broccoli Soup


Haha, ok I know it's summer, and for the most part soup is the LAST thing on my mind, but when we were headed up to the mountain the other weekend, I knew we were going to want something warm and filling for dinner. So I utilized what I had in my kitchen, and came up with this! And it was so yummy! Definitely a recipe I will come back to!
 
(feeds 4-6)
1 lg head of broccoli, florets removed
8 oz velveeta cheese, cubed
1 can cream of chicken soup
4 C milk
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
 
Add cheese, soup, and milk to a pot and bring to a simmer. Once cheese is melted, add broccoli and seasonings, and simmer until broccoli is tender. After the broccoli has cooked, add about 1/3-1/2 of the soup into a blender and puree until smooth. Add that back into the soup and stir. Top with lots and lots of grated cheese and stir in to melt.

Do you ever have cravings for soup in the middle of summer!? Or am I just crazy?? ;)

No comments:


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...