Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Wild Rice and Sausage Casserole

Seriously, I have found a new favorite casserole! And that is saying a lot, because I am a casserole freak! This one is perfect for a cold winter day, and bonus, it's a freezer meal! Can't get better than that! It's creamy and filling and absolutely wonderful! Definitely a keeper!

2 cooked cups white rice
1 cup cooked wild rice
1 cup cooked spicy sausage
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup chopped broccoli
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder

I made this with leftovers, which is the reason my measurements are using cooked ingredients. But really, you can mess up this recipe, so if you are using uncooked, just guess, and if it seems a tad dry, just add a little more milk.
Other than that, mix all your ingredients in a large bowl, transfer to a baking dish and cover with foil. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes, and then remove foil and continue to bake for another 10 minutes. All the ingredients are cooked, so you just want to make sure its heated through.
To freeze, transfer to a foil baking dish, and wrap tightly with plastic wrap, and then foil. Label with the instructions (Once thawed, remove plastic wrap and replace foil. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes, then without foil for 10 min.) and freeze.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I made this casserole this week and my husband and I both loved it! Thanks for a great recipe, I'm sure I'll be making it again soon!

Kara said...

Yum! I made this casserole last night and featured it on my blog kmhoho.wordpress.com. I did have trouble using uncooked rice - but I think if I remembered to wear my patient pants and let it cook long enough (and added more water), my rice wouldn't have been so crunchy. Still tasted DELICIOUS! Thanks for the idea!


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...