Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Bottled Apple Pie Filling! {Guest post by Tasha}

It's APPLE season!!! And I love to dry apples, bottle apples, but this year I decided to try and bottle some apple pie filling! Let me tell you.. EASY, and so delicious! So I wanted to share it with you. 

Bottled Apple Pie filling
4 1/4 cup Sugar
1 cup Cornstarch
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
Blend all together in a pot with 1 tsp. Salt and gradually add 11 cups of water. You dont want to add all the water in at once because the corn starch will lump up. I started with 4 cups of water, let it start to boil added another 4 cups.. and so on! Until I had the 11 cups of water. 

Cook until boiling, Add 3 Tablespoons lemon juice to bubbling mixture

Peel and slice apples and pack in jars. 
Cover bottled apples with cooked mixture
Then seal with lids

Put in preasure cooker (water bath) for 20 minutes. 
Makes 7 quarts. 

*I peeled my apples at the begining and kept them in a HUGE mixing bowl with water and lemon juice. Then I packed the apples in the jars and did my mixture! I made double the reciepe I had that much apples to do!  Also, pack your apples tight in the jars. I didnt do this with the first batch, and as you can see in the picture I have more filling than apples!!
Happy Pie filling making!!
Tasha B!

1 comment:

chelle6791 said...

My Mom and I put up soooo much pie filling last year. Her recipe used apple juice in place of water and it had an awesome flavor. I've opened a jar just to eat it.


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...