Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 23, 2011

Freezer Breakfast Burritos

These burritos are almost exactly like these burritos... just breakfast style!

1 lb. breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
8-10 eggs, scrambled
cheese
anywhere from 10-15 tortillas*
After cooking all of the ingredients, allow them to cool and then proceed to fill the tortillas with fillings. Roll tightly and then wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.
There are a few ways to thaw these,  my husband just throws his in the microwave for about 1 1/2-2 minutes with the plastic wrap on. This makes the tortilla a little softer than I like, so I remove the plastic. Or if you plan ahead, throw a few in the fridge the night before and then they don't take as long to heat.

*This recipe varies in how many burritos it makes, depending on how big your eggs are, and how full you fill the tortillas, I got about 10 I think, but you might be able to get more!

4 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

You should do a post on how to properly wrap a burrito! Mine never look this good!

The brackens said...

I LOVE this!!! It is a daily thing in our house.. along with home made frozen "eggo my yego" (waffles)

Deebi27 said...

Yummy, I even told my daughter about this, her response...I used to do this for Stevan (ex-boyfriend) and I. I love this idea, I freeze and by the time I get to work, pop into microwave and off to the classroom...YES!

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

LOVE IT! I make these too! Found you on Pinterest!


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...