Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Baked Chicken Nuggets with 'The Sauce'

These chicken nuggets take me back to my childhood faster than watching an episode of My Little Pony. I loved these nuggets as a kid, and I love them even more now! She used to tell us we were eating out at 'McCarlson's' for dinner! It's still one of my favorite dinner memories! My mom pan fried them, but I like to bake them (less mess and of course, a little healthier!) And I love that my little guy actually EATS them! He is the pickiest eater, and any meat is immediately tuned down from him. But he gobbles these up like they were straight from the happy meal bucket! Can't complain with that!
 
Baked Chicken Nuggets
*2 large chicken breasts sliced into "discs"
1 egg
2 TBS water
2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
garlic powder
onion powder
salt and pepper
* to make slicing chicken a little easier, place it in the freezer for 20ish minutes so its firm, but not frozen.
Preheat oven to 400.
In a shallow bowl, mix egg, water and a sprinkle of each, onion and garlic powder.
In a separate shallow bowl, mix breadcrumbs and  a sprinkle of each, onion and garlic powder.
Season sliced chicken with salt and pepper, and dip them, one by one, into the egg mixture, and then the breadcrumbs. Place on a cookie sheet, sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on the size of your nuggets.
PLEASE make sure the chicken is fully cooked, especially before serving this to your little ones!
And here's the best part about homemade chicken nuggets... The Sauce! I don't really even think it has a name, we just always came to expect it when we had chicken! Funny story, the day I made these nuggets, I was watching The Pioneer Woman, and she made this sauce as a sandwich spread! But my mom was making it LOOONG before that ;) Haha, but really, if your going to make the nuggets... make the sauce.
Here's how it works...
Mix equal parts miracle whip (or mayo) and yellow mustard.
Easy! right!? And SOO yummy!
 


1 comment:

The Brasfields said...

looks great! wonder if you could make a batch and freezer them to be reheated later? have you ever done that!?


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...