Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 16, 2012

Chicken & Apple Wrap

Ok, so in the next few weeks, you may notice a pattern in my recipes!... we are tying to eat healthier at our house! I decided to get us on the right track, and help us learn portion control (okay and to kick off my weight loss) We have started counting calories! It actually hasn't been as hard as I had expected! I just keep a notebook on my counter and when I eat something I jot it down! It has helped us cut down a ton on snacking and kept our portion sizes under control! And bonus... I've lost 3 lbs! :) Now I know that we wont be able to count calories forever, but I just wanted to use this as a way to sort of 'train' our bodies to eat healthier, and less! Anyways... I may do a post on more about that later! Now onto lunch the other day!

Chicken & Apple Wrap
makes 2 wraps
2 low calorie whole wheat wraps
10 thin slices chicken breast deli meat
8 thin slices granny smith apple
1 low fat string cheese
red leaf lettuce
mustard
4 Sandwich style pickle slices
ground black pepper

Lay out your tortilla, layer the chicken and apples. Take 1/2 of the string cheese, shred it into pieces and add it to the wrap. Sprinkle with black pepper...
it should look somewhat like this...
Add lettuce pickle and mustard. Roll tightly, cut in 1/2 and serve.

1 comment:

Kari-Anne said...

This looks so yummy! I'm trying to get back on track again (for the hundredth something time), and this is a recipe that would me look forward to my healthy lunch!


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...